Wednesday 4 May 2011

...hello Munich, our new home town...

Sorry for the lack of blogging people, but the last month has been a little crazy. As you all know, I have moved to Munich with Wollie and we had to pack up our little housie in good old Bryanston and move across the see with only a one big suitcase.

When the leaving day finally arrived, I decided that my best friend, my apple iMac, was coming with me and this complicated our travel experience rather severely. Both of us were a little overweight, but thanks to our awesome airline, Emirates (thanks so much pretty people) we were allowed all our baggage. After checking in our big bags, which were a perfect 30kg, we boarded the plane with a 10kg hand luggage suitcase, a huge-ass iMac box (which weighed in at 10kg) and each and extra bag, Wollie's packed to the brim with PlayStation goodies and I had my handbag and camera bag. So you can imagine what we looked like and traveling and stopovers and boarding planes and trying to shop at duty free was not the easiest thing to do...so when we eventually arrived we were super happy and thought we made it but then got stopped at customs, where they were asking stupid questions about my computer...aaanyway, we finally got there and everything was A.OK

So after a VERY long flight we finally arrived in Munich and Colleen picked us up in their fancy-schmacy car and we went exploring....


Then we had dinner at this awesome Italian place opposite Sven and Colleen's house. Feels like I am on holiday all the time.


Sven's friend from school, Robin an his girlfriend Beate, came to visit from Bonn for the weekend and we explored the city together. And look, we had drinks on their stoep and the sun was shining...

No comments:

Post a Comment